This
week, several life chapters have opened and several have closed and each one brings
so many emotions to ones state of mind.
This post will be a little earlier and shorter and if you read it this weekend, know
that Karen Newhall and I are on a mission to close a chapter that was started
over 3 years ago and we will travel nearly 1800 miles to do what we need to do
and close a huge chapter…More very soon…
But
as I said, chapters do open and close with everyone and they certainly do in my
life too. As most of you know, we presently have
puppies with most going home in about 5
weeks to their new owners. Just a few
days ago, I received an email telling me the fate of one of our pups that left
the farm last year. It was involved in a
very serious accident and I will tell you, this is an email I hate to get but I
am so grateful people trust me and let me know because I do truly care about my
pups that venture into this world. Things
happen with no fault of our own at times and I have had it happen here and it’s
a feeling that is easily carried on your shoulder.
Over the years, we have lost several pups to accidents and when I get that notice, it's devastating. I will tell you, I have cried with every notice and always drift back to the time when they left. I am so glad that that I am alone when I read it, those chapters close and new ones may open.
Over the years, we have lost several pups to accidents and when I get that notice, it's devastating. I will tell you, I have cried with every notice and always drift back to the time when they left. I am so glad that that I am alone when I read it, those chapters close and new ones may open.
Many
times I have said “there are dog owners and dog lovers” but I know you can
change from one to the other but I don’t know why, I am the lover but I always
wasn't however when that little face looks into your eyes and that little paw
reaches for you, extending into your heart, thing change…trust me.
Just
recently, I was informed of three families that faced a tragedy with their dog. In all of the cases, everything possible was
done and things did changed for the better, but not without struggles and
inconveniences to all involved, including the dog because “it had to be done”.
There
is that little spark that kicks in and common sense is not always present but
in most cases, the end justifies the means and in your heart, you know it’s the
right thing to do. As we travel to Glen
Highland Farm tonight, I’m sure that the struggles we had will surface in our conversation and
the burning images of past visits to a puppy mill will also surface too, but there is a great satisfaction
knowing we did the right thing for the things we love…Run Free everyone Run Free…Now you can... Ken
I
went out to help some dogs today
To
give them a really good life
To
take them away from the life that they led
And
free them from trouble and strife
I
thought I would do them a favor
And
be a good person to them
And
go do my bit for the country
I didn't go out on a whim
But
what do you think really did happen?
The
day that I did my good deed,
I
discovered a love that I’d dreamed of
And
fulfilled in myself a strong need.
I
helped the dogs that I care for,
I
see things that I needed to see.
Those
lovely dog that I rescued
Really ended up rescuing me...
Follow us on Facebook
