Sunday

A Big Weekend...

As most know, our Granddaughter spent the weekend with us here at the farm which she has done before.  There is always something to do with all the activities that we have available and chores to do. 


When I was a kid, we only had two TV channels, but when cable and video games came into play, everything changed if you were a kid.  My life was wrapped around family time, and playtime but the latter was the most important as we did everything as a kid.  Most every night, the neighborhoods kids stayed out till dark, doing everything from building a clubhouse with wood we acquired to building a dam in the local creek.  I won’t go into everything because I don't know if the statutes of limitations are over or not, but all in all, I was a good kid but stayed extremely active as we all did.

Today's kids are different because there is so much more to do and their attention is drawn to so many different levels.  There are more opportunities but more ways to be sucked into that vacuum of nothingness.  The one thing I can say is that with our Granddaughter, things seem different.  Right from the begging, she was introduced to things that are educational, fun and away from the devices that can trap your mind.  She is still better than me on an iPad or phone, but she is well rounded.


From her early life, she was introduced to things that were interesting and fun and even getting her own puppy, something I never had.  Dogs were not important to my parents so I never knew the fun you could have or love that they could give.  I credit this to Maddie's parents, my son, and Daughter-in-Law who has kept her interested in things of this world.


It is a pleasure to see her develop into a young lady with the interest of nature and animals, something some kids may not discover but hopefully, they will as I did.
This weekend was a hoot, and we had fun as we always do.  The dogs were great with Maddie, giving her kisses and even sleeping in bed with her.

  

It’s always a pleasure for her to visit and we enjoy the time with just her.  Last night, we watched old home movies of her dad and siblings when they were kids, and I’m sure she will have many questions when she gets home, but “Dad” will have to answer them…
When she got here, one of the first things she said was that she missed Clancy, I told her I did too, they were buddies...

Dogs and outside activities are great for kids.  It’s not that other things are not beneficial, but it just gives them a good perspective of life, and I know Maddy has received that.  I know there are bigger and better adventures down the road and look forward them...  
Brad, Angie, Maddie and her dog Katelyn 
Thanks, Mom & Dad for a great kid and being good parents...  Daddo...

Follow the dogs at Dogwood Ridge

Follow Clancy at Clancy's Dream