Sunday

Finally...


This last Friday night at about 8 pm, I was made aware that the website for Clancy’s Dream was up and running.   I should have been happy, but I put my head in my hands and cried while sitting at the computer looking at it.  I’m ashamed to admit it because I have always been a strong and rugged kind of guy but that evening was different.


Since August 8th of this year, six people have been on a mission to complete the impossible to make a legacy for Clancy, and we are well on our way, but it has been a struggle for us to make square pegs go into round holes, but somehow we have.  As I think about what we are doing, I am very aware that it’s not about Clancy or any of the directors or even our donors.  It’s about the unknown or unseen dogs that are in need of either medical help or a place to live and to be loved again possible for the first time in their life.  It is beyond my furthest imagination why some people do the things they do.  We don’t know what or why it happens; I have my suspicions, and I will address it at some other time, but someone needs to pick up the pieces of the puzzle, and I tell you, it is a puzzle with many pieces. 

Trust me... This is nothing
My life changed when Karen Newhall and I worked tirelessly for nearly three years on a Border Collie puppy mill in Indiana.  After much labor and determination on our part and with the much-needed help from an anonymous helper, it finally came to an end.  

The individual was fined over $90,000.00 and banned for life of ever owning an animal.  This person was ultimately stopped forever but just last month I learned of another puppy mill that had shut down in Kentucky and over 60 Border Collies were relinquished.  Will it ever stop? I don’t think so; that’s why none of us can never stop working and helping.

The first day at GHF
After the puppy mill in Indiana was shut down, again Karen Newhall and I drove to New York to Glen Highland Farm to turn over five dogs that needed extra help.  


Just a few month ago, I was made aware that the last dog that we took finally found a home, but it took several years with lots of rehabilitation.   GHF also made me want to be part of the solution, not the problem, and hopefully, I have, but there is always more to do, much more.

I, along with the Board of Directors can only do so much to help the dogs and this will take all of us giving just a bit of out heart, time and money to make a huge difference in the life of a Border Collie.

When I found out that the website was finished on Friday, it saddened me because I knew again, it was a reality, and our Clancy Man was gone.  Seeing him in the photos and writings I had to do has been a struggle, but one of the most important things, I know Border Collies need assistance with medical issues, and others need loving homes.  It’s not just me, the Board of Directors that can help, it’s you…


Beverly Hornback said, “Clancy's legacy is all of those who loved him, all of his pups, all of those who will be helped and cared for by his “rescue.”  It is all his, we are all just blessed to be part of it.”


Out of the 250 calendars we ordered, we still have 241 to sell; please help us help them… Ken

Buy a calendar and visit Clancy's Dream  

Read What changed my life a four part story.