Sunday

Newby...

As “Newby” walked up to me while I was sitting in my recliner, she puts her paws on the side of the chair wanting up.  She acts like she wants up but seems confused, just like her hesitance to walk through an outside door, she seems unsure.  I pat my lap and she does jump up and she has adopted to life on the farm and she is wanting human companionship.   From what we understand, she was dumped on a rural county road in an area that is known for doing this very thing.  I also understand that she ran behind a car for several hundred feet until they stopped at their house, she was scared.  They took “Newby” to their garage just to keep her safe until they could contact animal control the next day.  A good friend, after seeing her on social media contacted me to see if we could help and of course we would.  He snatched her up before the call was made that morning to animal control and “Newby” was turned over to us that afternoon.

The urgency of finding her home may be real several reasons, the first is she has had puppies and the other reason is her owner may be looking for her but everything points to her being dumped .  She has lost the security she once may have known even though it may not have been much but it was all she had at the time.  If she was dumped, her life will never be the same as it was but it will be better and she will be in safe hands and hopefully in a new home very soon.


I don’t know why these things happen, but I do know that just a few days after Clancy suddenly died “Newby” came to our house and gave us purpose once again.  As you know a very large hole was opened up in our heart when he left and life will never be the same, only different, just like “Newby”. 

Elaine named her “Newby” because she is the newest dog we have but it’s only temporary while she is here.  I ask her why she named her that and she firmly stated that she won’t get attached but I think that has already happened and it will be a sad day when she goes to her new home.  We have attempted to find her old owner through various social mass medias along with calling the vets and animal shelters in our area and even placing several ads in Indiana papers but if no one comes forward, she will be placed in a wonderful home, I will see to it…


Note to her old owner…  Your dog is living the life of luxury with us, she has had a much needed bath, shots, worming, food, medical attention.  She sleeps on our bed with us and has even knocked Dutchess out of my lap on the recliner, but it’s only temporary and hopefully Dutchess understands.  “Newby” has learned to come in and out of the door, sleeps on the bed and get on the furniture and I don't think you know what you lost. 


She knows what a pat on the head and hug means and now runs to us but most of all, she know what security is, but I will tell you, Karma will be a bitch for you if you dropped a little dog in the road to fend for itself with nothing…

To the new prospective owner, your little girl is very sweet and spoiled.  I hope you don’t mind if she gets on the couch with you…

Thank you Clancy for watching and helping… Dad



Follow us on Facebook