Sunday

Changing of the Season…

It's now is getting dark early but I realized that we are winding down this summer and it’s kinda sad.  We will soon turn our clocks backwards for daylight saving time and in a way, it’s sad that the season is changing.  I love spring and summer except the hot humid weather but it’s worth putting up with for the long pretty days and dry weather.  The only good part of winter that I like, I can take longer naps and don’t feel that I have “be on the move” the whole time.  There is nothing like a long nap in front of the TV with several dogs in my lap.  Every season has its perks but spring is best for me.  This particular fall/winter is bittersweet for several reasons and the number one reason is a chapter is closing that won’t open again.  As many have read, this is our last breeding season for Border Collie pups and just happens, all of the puppies go to their new home this coming week.  It’s something I really don’t want to think about, but this door will shut, but it may be fitting because we are in a seasonal change too.
As I said, a new chapter in my “book of life” has opened and with the fresh winter season, and new adventures will come our way and fun will be had by all.  There will be more focus on my dogs and less on guest boarding or rehabilitation of other dogs here on the farm because of the cold weather but will soon return next spring.  Spring and summer are always busy and packed full of adventures of play and fun and especially work and I'm sure my dogs suffer a bit and miss "our" time. 

I’m sure the dogs will appreciate more time with “the man” and in truth I will to, I just don’t want to deal with the mud.  Frozen ground is good but lots of rain and mud is brutal to everyone and then the nap time with dad is out until they are clean, something they never think about, just running and playing for the moment.
Cold winters seems to bring the best out, I put on my subzero coat and insulated boots and off we go on long walks several times a day around the lake and down the long trails.  In the evenings, Dutchess will park herself in front of the TV just to watch the local weatherman and when the word “snow” comes on, a loud bark follows from her with eager ears and a spring in her step.  I will tell you, around here snow is great.  The deeper the better and as long as it last, there is joy is in the air.


 If things are going to change, then bring it on, lets face it with open arms because it is going to happen and we should do our best to make the most out of it.  Change can be good...
To everything there is a season,

A time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
A time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
A time to kill and a time to heal ...
A time to weep and a time to laugh;
A time to mourn and a time to dance ...
A time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
A time to lose and a time to seek;
A time to rend and a time to sew;
A time to keep silent and a time to speak;
A time to love and a time to hate;
A time for war and a time for peace.

As change is inevitable, life will move on, but it will be hard not to look back...especially when I hand over our "last" pup this week and watch that car travel out of sight...  Ken
See you next week but follow us now on Facebook...