Sunday

1...2...3...4...5...Crap

After I counted once, I counted  again 1...2...3...4...5...where is number 6?

Attention Mr and Mrs. America and all ships at sea...

Attention all cars, Attention all cars be on the lookout for...

Elaine do you know where?

Wanted by the F.B.I. be on the lookout...

As you must be wondering, what is missing, what is lost?  It's a PUPPY...  It was Wednesday morning and I went out about 6am to feed and let the dogs out.  When we have pups, I always count them just to satisfy myself that they are where they should be.  I went to Meg, everyone accounted for, next one everyone A-OK, third Mom...Crap.   1...2...3...4...5..., something is wrong I started over and counted again.  Elaine I need help... I ran to the back to see if the pup was outside, but that was impossible because they were pinned up in a way that they had no access to the outside.   OMG what to do all over again.  I searched the runs again, laying my hands on each pup thinking another may be close or something,  Nowhere to be found, it's gone.  What will I tell it's owner.  "Hello, Mr and Mrs ... The pups are doing great, and by the way, you won't have to make the trip to the farm, your pup is GONE...
I looked all over the inside and outside for the pup and the more I looked, the more frustrated I became and to tell you the truth, I couldn't have seen an elephant if it was in front of me.  "OK, get your head together" I kept telling myself.  Pups just don't vanish into thin air, or do they?
I don't know if you have ever lost your child in a store for a moment or something that is dear to your heart, but for that brief moment, you panic and you can't think straight.  I remember once, I took Clancy to town to help me run some errands.  We stopped here and then there and he always sat on the seat and went to sleep.  I usually was inside for just a few moments and this was the case this time.  I came back to the LOCKED car and before I put the key into the lock I looked to see where he was, Front seat...NO, Back seat...NO, Front floorboard...NO.  I'm sure I just missed him.  Front seat...NO, Back seat...NO...Oh crap or something close to that.  I started looking around.   Did he get out? as I started looking outside.  I even Called out, Clancy, Clancy, CLANCY come hear... as people started looking at me as I will admit looked pretty strange.  Do I call the police?  Do I call the TV and radio station?  All of this was running through my mind.  Maybe if I ride around and look for him, but what if he comes back and I'm not here?  I unlocked the door and much to my surprise, Clancy had squeezed under the pedals of the car and was sound asleep on the floorboard of the drivers side and I could not see him because of the way the sun was shining in the car.  I was so glad he was found and had not let himself out of the car that we stopped and got a ice cream.  Clancy likes Vanilla.
So what was my next step on the lost pup, pray? Get Elaine?  that always helps because she is a finder of everything.  As I was walking out of the kennel, there in the corner of an empty run was a little fur ball curled up in a corner on a blanket sound asleep, dreaming of puppyland and as I scooped it up, I thought to myself, you little bugger, you have caused my blood pressure to sore, but as I laid him back into the comfort of the pile of pups, he nuzzled them and they all curled and cuddled around him welcoming him back into the fold.

The little fellow had wiggled out of his space and went exploring the inside of the kennel and even pooped once and then wiggled himself back into an empty space and got into a corner and went to sleep.  Whew...

In 20 minutes, that little space was fixed...and the pup was named "trouble".