Sunday

Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle

That’s what happens….She wiggles so hard when she wags her tail, it appears to take her back feet off the ground.  I’m talking about Gabby.  She has been with us for several months and it just can’t get any better.  As most of you know, we now have seven dogs and if you have more than one, you know their personalities are different or at least mine are.  I remember when she came to live with us, I thought who is she going to be like.  I thought Molly? no, Molly is to laid back, Abbie, no, Abbie is too active.  Meg, no, Meg is too shy and there is no way she is anything like Dutchess, in fact no one will ever be like Dutchess, thank goodness…
Gabby is her own dog and isn’t like any of the others.  She seems to be starving for attention and always has “the can’t help it’s”.  On a typical day she will follow me around and will let me pick her up and carry her.  Because she is the lightest dog we have, it’s pretty easy and I think she would go to sleep while you were carrying her because she is soooo relaxed.  If I am writing or doing something at my desk and Elaine lets her in from outside, I try to be very very quiet because as soon as she hears me upstairs, she's off and I can hear her running and sliding on the floor toward me and the moment she sees me, she leaps toward me and throws herself in my lap.   If I am really busy and trying to keep working, I will put her down, she will then get between my legs and put her front paws on the keyboard and try to tap along with me, and of course, all of the Microsoft windows pop up from her hitting the “F” keys.  I have just come to the conclusion that when she hits the stares, I will just turn around and face the steps and let her jump and wiggle until she has her fill, which seems to take a long time, but that’s OK…
The most relaxing thing she will do is jump up and lay in my lap whenever I’m in the recliner.  She weighs about 30 pounds and will fit right in between my legs while I’m sitting, wiggling all the way.  She will stretch out as far as she can and drop off to sleep in just a matter of seconds while I rub her face.  Her mouth drops open and she snores while laying on her back, feet straing up in the air.  The good thing about Gabby if you like a lap dog, when you move or have to get up, she will wait by the chair and when you sit back down, in just a flash, she is back in and sound asleep in just seconds. 
The most annoying thing she does, and something that none of our other dogs will do, is she will burrow her nose into whatever she can get her snout in, wanting you to rub her head, she is relentless and won’t stop until she gets her way making you pet her on the head or lift her up in your lap.  I use to think she had a skin problem on her nose because her nose was rough, but little did I know that she wears her hide off it trying to get me to do something, which is most of the time.  She is the only dog I have seen that will talk with her nose...and is so expressive.

She and Annie have become good friends and we call both of them “The Twins”.  They are so cute together but such a contrast in colors.  Gabby is a red Merle and Annie is a blue Merle but they are within 5 pounds of each other and will run and bark, playing the whole time and of course getting into trouble.
All in all, Gabby is a wonderful fit to our extended dog family even though my son Brad said “I swear to God if you get one more dog, I’m calling the TV show Hoarders”.  I just wonder what the next one will be like?
Gabby is a wonderful addition to our family...and we love her so...