Saturday

Git Along Little Doggies

Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
Don't fence me in
Let me ride through the wide open country that I love
Don't fence me in
Let me be by myself in the evenin' breeze
Oh, give me land, lots of land under starry skies above
And listen to the murmur of the cottonwood trees
Send me off forever but I ask you please
Don't fence me in

Just turn me loose, let me straddle my old saddle
Underneath the western skies
On my Cayuse, let me wander over yonder
Till I see the mountains rise

I want to ride to the ridge where the west commences
And gaze at the moon till I lose my senses
And I can't look at hovels and I can't stand fences
Don't fence me in

Sorry little doggies….

This has been a busy week in that we are moving right along on the new fence here on the farm.  If you haven’t kept up with the dog’s Facebook page, we are fencing nearly ¾’s of a mile that will cover most of the farm.  We are doing this for several reasons, the first to keep my dogs safe from other dogs that sometimes roam onto our property, but mostly to allow any guest dogs that stay with us, the ability to run loose or just roam around, doing as they please.  When we have dog boarders, they are never allowed to stay out if I’m not with them unless they have proven themselves of being able to stay with the pack.  I have never had a problem except once when Gabby was frightened by a low flying plane that even scared me, she ran into the woods and kept running, when she did come back 3 hours later, she was covered with briers and had cut her paw.  She was a mess, but hopefully, this won’t happen again.
The fence will be 5’ tall with a strand of barbed-wire on top in case we were ever to aquire livestock.  It will be easier to do it now as opposed to later. 
This job was hired out, but of course I am helping and supervising, but mostly getting in the way. But I really do think I am helping, I think?  The company is very nice and we are getting along well and having fun.
The bad part about going through the woods is that we need at least an 8 foot path to get the equipment through because the job is too big to do by hand.  I am glad we didn’t have to cut any big trees, we either went around them or moved the fence. 
There will be 4 drive-through gates and at least one walk-through gate.  I know people think we are crazy and that’s a lot of space for the dogs, but I want peace of mind.  I want to know my dogs are safe and any guest dog is safe and can run as much as they want and as far as they want. 
Another good thing about this project is; where we have cleared for the fence row will make a wonderful place to walk or ride the 4-wheeler, which my dogs will love.  They get so excited even when I walk close to the 4-wheeler, and I can just say “verooooom” and they're  off and running.  This will add a lot of peace of mind not only for me, but for the owners of the dogs that stay.  I don’t imagine the dogs will ever know it is there.   We should finish by the second week of November.  


I Need some input.  Elaine had a suggestion last week that I actually thought was good (Elaine never reads this, I think, but I'm sure I'll know soon enough).  She suggested that we have a puppy renunion sometime during the summer.  I have visions of a weekend of play, Frisbee and ball and all the running your dogs can do.  I have had 14 dogs here at once and what's a few more.  If you have a suggestion or think it's good or bad idea, let me know on the dog's facebook Page My Dog's Facebook Page.  Suimming, food, music, campfires at night and camping if you want to stay overnight and of cource, all of our pups are invited.   Great Idea Elaine, hope she reads this part.  KS
PS... Dogs can run free, because of the fence...Sweet...