Saturday

What A Wonderful World...


This has been a wonderful week here on the farm, most are, but this week has been especially good. While my son is in London, England, Angie our daughter-in-law (daughter) and of course Maddie our granddaughter spent most of the week here just to spend some time together. When I was trying to think what to write about, this song came to mind, because it really is a wonderful world we live in.

I see trees of green, red roses too
I see them bloom, for me and you
And I think to myself What a wonderful world

I did see trees of green on the walk in the woods we took, Maddie in the middle holding onto a finger as we maneuvered around the lake just the three of us. We purchased some red roses at a local retailer when we went shopping and I will planted them in our memory garden, always going back in time when they bloom to the very day we were together, what memories.
I see skies of blue, and clouds of white
The bright blessed day, dark sacred night
And I think to myself What a wonderful world

I saw beautiful blue skies all week with white clouds floating by in the lazy days we spent together just doing nothing but enjoying doing nothing. The night skies were filled with stars and when I went out and checked on the dogs, I was amazed at the beauty of the night sky and rejoiced for the blessed days we have have.
The colors of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces, of people going by
I see friends shaking hands, sayin', "How do you do?" They're really sayin', "I love you"

The colors of the fields were spectacular. On our walks, Maddie found a multitude of flowers and would pick them for us.  She even blew a dandelion or two, something her Mother taught her to do. Angie even found two 4 leaf clovers and I said want a lucky day we have had and yes, we are lucky. Maddie will say many words throughout the entire day and seems to learn more each day, but the ones I heard that pierced my heart were “Pap Paw, I love you”.
I hear babies laughing', I watch them grow
They'll learn much more, than I'll ever know And I think to myself What a wonderful world
Yes, I think to myself What a wonderful world

I heard Maddie laughing all day. She would play and pretend and was a busy little girl giggling every minute and finding the good in life, if only our hearts could be as pure as hers.
We did have a wonderful week, all the dogs seemed to join in on the fun and activity.  Maddie got to play with most, but on this trip, she and Clancy shared a special bond with each other which most people do, even us.  They shared breakfast, snacks, fish food, a pacifier and even sugar which got a big giggle from Maddie. 
If you just look around, and see the things that are really important, you too, will see it is a wonderful world if we just open our eyes.
Yes, I think to myself, What a wonderful world. Thanks Angie, Maddie and to you too, Louie, Hurry back Son your sorely missed.

What a Wonderful World Link
Shuck's Border Collies on Facebook