Friday

It's That Time Of Year.... Again

Well it is...Elaine and I have had a hot tub most of our married life.  It has always been very relaxing but now it seems to be a necessity for us or at least for me, with my aches and pains.  So, we fired it up in September.  Today was a busy day here on the farm, I went to town and got a truckload of mulch and spread it. I have also been splitting firewood for a few days so I'm sore and a little chilled.  I got chilled from playing with the dogs and of course, they just had to get in the water and they ALWAYS shake off next to me, getting me and anyone close to them wet; of course,  I just happened to be taking photo's of them playing. 
IDEA.....I'll get in the hot tub.  For the followers of this blog, you know that Dutchess was the center of attention on a hot tub episode a year or so ago.  Well there is a new dog in the spotlight.  We have a boarder that is staying with us for the weekend.  His name is "Scout", and he is the son of Meg and Clancy.  Just look at those eyes...."trouble", with a capital "T"

Let me set up the story... 
"Hey Possum, What's the big square box with water"? asked Scout.  "I don't know", said Possum,  "but the man gets in it, and shuts his eyes for a while",  "it seems like he's lost..."
"What does it feel like, is it cold like the lake"? asked Scout.  "I don't know, just stick your paw in, but whatever you do, DON'T jump in!  The man will be really Pee-ode" said Possum

"I told you NOT to jump in, I was supposed to be watching you and now the man will get us both" said Possum. Note: My foot can be seen here.... 
Dad, Can I Get In Too, Please?
Abbie asked... "Possum, what's the man doing"?  "I don't know" said Possum, "but whatever you do, don't jump in!"

All in all we had a blast, it was a great day.  You can't make this stuff up, it just happens.  These dogs are the most animated creatures that I have ever seen, they make life worth living, I love them so....
After we all dried off, we ate supper and cuddled for a little while, and then it was off to bed for a good night of sleep and dreams of chasing bunnies and catching Frisbies, because we never know what adventures will come tomorrow...
As I walked  away from tucking them in bed, I could hear them say...."Goodnight Dutchess", "Goodnight Abbie", "Goodnight Clancy", "Goodnight Molly", "Goodnight Meggie", "Goodnight Possum", said Scout, "Goodnight Scout" said Possum, "I told you not to jump in,...I still think he was lost"......and as I walked away, I said to myself, "Goodnight Shepp, wherever you are".  Dad