Sunday

A Dark Day


Elaine said it, and I guess it was true. It was a dark day. Let me explain. A lot of things have been going on in my life, nothing bad, but just a lot of things and I am really busier now than when I worked. I sometimes forget to take time for myself, but the dogs seem to bring me back to center.
I was in the house when she told me and I thought “yeah, she’s right”. I started think about it, but in the meantime, Dutchess was in the house too because she has hurt her foot again and I was keeping her off of it, keeping her quite. I was playing the piano and she was next to me. I range from classical to country but I ended with “Cattle Call”, which I like. Dutchess seemed to enjoy it and so I got in the floor and started singing and yodeling, just like LeAnn Rimes would do. Dutchess loved it and we had a hoot doing it, even Elaine jumped in. Dutchess flipped over on her back and she was kicking her feet in the air and was wiggling all over the floor. We all laughed. I tried to get Dutchess to sing with me, and I will tell you, she tried. She would try to pucker and shape her face like me.

I started thinking about how the dogs cheer us up. Here are a few quotes I like;

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made.
Roger Caras

No one can fully understand the meaning of love unless he's owned a dog. A dog can show you more honest affection with a flick of his tail than a man can gather through a lifetime of handshakes.

I can't think of anything that brings me closer to tears than when my old dog — completely exhausted after a hard day in the field — limps away from her nice spot in front of the fire and comes over to where I'm sitting and puts her head in my lap, a paw over my knee, and closes her eyes, and goes back to sleep. I don't know what I've done to deserve that kind of friend.
Gene Hill

Just two nights ago, I was building a fire in the family room fireplace and Molly was lying on her blanket in the corner across the room and when I got on my knees, she got up from her sleep and came to me and sat down next to me and she also put her paw on my leg and gave me a kiss. What a girl.

Dogs can be pretty amazing and will bring your spirits up. The biggest problem is when I go to the kennel after I have fed them and I will bring two of them in for the night. When those sad eyes look at you, it’s hard to say no to anyone, and yes, sometimes I get in trouble for bringing too many in for the night.
For me the best part of having pups is seeing other people happy. I LOVE updates when they come in and I enjoy seeing the dogs all grown up in their photos. My dogs bring a lot of happiness to me and Elaine and I know they do the same for you. Give your best friend a hug, Life Is Good. Ken