Sunday

The Last Pup........

Let me explain.  When we give the OK for the pups to go to their new forever home, I will notify all the owners that their pup is available and they will make arrangements to come for their little bundle of life (yes really).  This excitement has been building for 6 months or better at times.  Whether it's phone calls, visits or even emails.  The time has come, your on your own, time to make your mark in life and hopefully not on the carpet, Aww.  This sometimes brings us to a dilemma.  Everyone has picked up their pup, except one.

 Meet Scout, the last one.  His new Mom and Dad came today but everyone else left Friday.

From Scout's point of view....
While everybody gets to know their new Mom and Dad, I'm stuck here with nothing to do.  I'm so bored here on this hard bed and nuttin to do.....nobody to play with..
I NEVER get to go outside and play, again nuttin to do....
I can NEVER get on any furniture, specially the couch...
                                                      Nuttin to do, I have no toys
                                          I'll just steal some sugar, nobody is looking...
                             I think I found a friend, She is little like me, her name is Maddie
                                         Maddie "Bear" said, "I can give sugar too".

Here I am waiting to go home, but I kinda like it here, I'll miss you dad,and thanks for singing to me and bringing me into this world.   Maybe I can come back sometime?  Will you sing to me again... and who is "Babe"? 

Not everyone is picked up at the same time, some people will travel a long distance and some even have to work around their work schedules, but never the less, the last one is the one we bring in and for a brief moment have a puppy again for ourselves.  They will sleep with us and stay in the house and be our best friend and companion.  Watching our every move, pouncing on everything and walking under our feet.  We love our adult dogs very much, but oh, there is nothing like a puppy and for a few days we get to have our own again.  Good luck Scout, we'll miss you........Mom & Dad