Sunday

Field Trip

This was a big week for the puppies.  We took a field trip to Marvin Finke's farm in Hope, Indiana.  Through a friend that we attend church with, I was contacted by one of the event organizers that is involved with getting everything just perfect...and it was, not withstanding some minor problems on my end......

During the week I knew this was coming up and at 7:30 a.m. the morning of the event (plenty of time) I went to the car and was going to put the 'big' dog kennel in the car.  I first tried the front seat with no luck, no problem, I'll just put it in the back seat, it might work even better.  No matter which way I turned it, it would not fit.  I was starting to get a little panicky.  Surely I could put it in the trunk.  Oh no too big...... "Houston, this is Apollo 13, WE HAVE A PROBLEM".

 Maybe,     I'll just let them run loose in the trunk, no, that's probably not a good idea.  I know, I'll just let them sit with me in the seat.  No, that's probably not a good idea either.  What was I thinking...  I can only imagine 5, 6 weeks old pups running around the car getting into everything, under my feet and doing what they want.

What to do, What to do, What to do...............

***Idea***

Ask Elaine if we can switch cars so I can slide the "Big" kennel in the back of the hatchback.  You can haul anything in there, it's big.  Elaine was just getting ready to leave for work and prepairing to back out of the garage.

"Elaine", can you help me out?...  Can I borrow your car?.....  "Today"? she said, "Now" she said...  "Yeah", I said.  "Have you lost your mind"?...she said.. no I don't think so.  Seemed like a simple request to me.......For the men readers, this is a place I don't want to be or even see, but here I was, stuck.

Let me explain, Elaine was going to Louisville to see her Mom for Mothers day right after work.  She was also going to see her daughter and our grandson Archie, and she had packed the car full of toys and luggage, and as women do, everything that is necessary to sustain life for several weeks, just to stay overnight.  And she was already late for work......

I had to take a step back from her, and after the smoke cleared from around her head, she agreed to help me out of a jam and switch cars.

Note to self....Plan ahead.....

There were nearly 75 children between 4 and 6 years old from the "Little Seeds Preschool" at Asbury United Methodist Preschool and 20-30 parents that came. There were tractor hayrides, a mule team wagon ride, goat, sheep and miniature donkeys to pet and feed, chickens and baby chicks, a litter of  4-5 week old kittens and our 5 Border Collie puppies.
It was a wonderful time and everyone was on their best behavior except Elaine (just kidding honey)....