Sunday

Another Night....

We were going to Louisville to see our new Granddaughter Saturday morning.  Molly would not come out of the kennel and wanted to stay put, right where she was.  I knew the time was close for her upcoming birth of the puppy's so I went and got Elaine, because she is the "expert" on this sort of stuff.  We took her temperature, because normally dogs are about 102 degrees and when they are 24 hours or less from delivery, it will go down to 100 degrees.  Molly was at 98.8.  So we knew.  Now the dilemma.  My son wanted to use my truck for a project and we wanted to see our beautiful Granddaughter.  Well.... you know Elaine IS the expert so I got to go on to Louisville and take care of business.  I got to hold "Maddie",  feed "Maddie", cuddle "Maddie" and just look at "Maddie", such hard work. 

Back to Molly and Elaine....Molly did go into labor.  Elaine took her into the house so she could keep a watch.  She was on the bed and all of a sudden, Molly went to the back door, like she wanted to go out.  Molly went about two feet and stopped and turned around and Elaine said "what's wrong"  Molly came back a foot or so and then turned again and stopped.  Elaine said "are you ready?".  With that Molly went straight to her nesting box in the kennel with Elaine right behind her.  In just a short time Molly had started giving birth.  It went until about 1 AM.  After she was done and all finished, she had 4 girls and 6 boys.  I knew she was big as a barrow,  and yes ten pups is a lot of puppy's.  The hard part will be when they are 5 or 6 weeks old and we are in the yard playing and they all want to be right under your feet trying to play with your shoe strings while you walk.  I can't wait........
By the way I did tell Elaine about all the work I had to do in Louisville...........